- Effective Devops June 20-21, 2016 Velocity Santa Clara
- Effective Devops: Collaboration and Tools May 27, 2015
- Effective Devops: Collaboration and Tools October 12, 2015
DevOps is a professional and cultural movement designed to improve the processes involved with developing and running computer software and systems. It does this by focusing on communication and collaboration between software developers and operations engineers. DevOps has the potential to improve the products we create as an industry, and the health and well-being of the people creating them.
In this one-day introductory training, you will identify actionable strategies and tools that can be used to leverage DevOps to implement noticeable, long-lasting improvements to your culture and development processes in your environment, regardless of your level and role.
What you will learn:
You will get hands-on experience with building and deploying a sample application, collaboratively learning a combination of optimized patterns from development and operations. You will spend the day working together with other attendees while learning key patterns around DevOps practices, with these themes:
- Recognizing your Devops Narrative – What, why, and how
- Application deployment planning
- Infrastructure as code
- Introducing repeatable, testable change
- Measuring impact and value of change
- Developers, architects, operations engineers, and anybody interested in learning how to improve workflows
- Slides and code will be provided electronically after the training.